Julie Celum is a licensed patent attorney and an experienced litigator located in Dallas, Texas. A native of Texas, she earned her Bachelor of Science degree from Texas A&M University at Corpus Christi. She was awarded a Juris Doctor degree from St. Mary’s University in San Antonio, Texas. Julie also attended the University of New Hampshire – Franklin Pierce Law Center for Intellectual Property in Concord, New Hampshire, ranked among the nation’s top intellectual property schools each year.
Julie was initially admitted to the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office as a patent agent prior to graduating from law school. Following graduation from law school in 2001, Julie became a licensed patent attorney and an attorney licensed by the State Bar of Texas.
Julie has been recognized on the list of Texas Rising Stars®, published by Law & Politics Magazine, in 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011. A member of the Texas Bar Association and the Dallas Bar Association, Julie also provides pro bono services as a participant with the Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program.
Areas of Practice
- Intellectual Property
- Business Litigation
- Personal Injury
- Mesothelioma and Asbestos
- Civil Law
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2001
- State Bar of Texas, 2001
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Pennsylvania, Asbestos MDL 875
- St. Mary’s University School of Law, San Antonio, Texas, Juris Doctor, 2001
- University of New Hampshire, Franklin Pierce Law Center for Intellectual Property, Concord, New Hampshire, 2000
- Texas A & M University, Corpus Christi, Texas, B.S., 1998
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association of Justice
- Texas Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Texas Rising Stars, published by Law & Politics Magazine, 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.