In the United States, copyright protection exists for original works of authorship. Any work that is fixed in any tangible medium of expression that can be perceived, reproduced, or otherwise communicated, either directly or with the aid of a machine or device.
Works of authorship include:
- literary works;
- musical works, including any accompanying words;
- dramatic works, including any accompanying music;
- pantomimes and choreographic works;
- pictorial, graphic, and sculptural works;
- motion pictures and other audiovisual works;
- sound recordings; and
- architectural works.
Copyright protection does not extend to to an idea, procedure, process, system, method of operation, concept, principle, or discovery, regardless of the form in which it is described, explained, illustrated, or embodied.
Dallas attorney, Julie Celum, will assist you in obtaining, or maintaining, the right type of protection for your art, writing, song, or business idea. If you have an existing copyright and are faced having to defend that copyright, Celum Law Firm will work for you and will defend your rights and ownership.